Scientific journal «Political Science and Technology»
Types and language of submitted articles
Articles may be submitted for publication in Russian.
The journal accepts articles on the following fields of research:
The following types of articles may be submitted for publication: theoretical and review articles, original research articles.
- the «Political Science and Technology» is an exclusively online publication, having no printed version;
- the Journal is published on a quarterly basis (1st issue – January-March; 2nd issue – April-June; 3rd issue – July-September; 4th issue – October-December).
Advantages of the online scientific journal:
- allows the publication of articles having a large number of colour illustrations along with various multimedia formats; authorial requirements for presenting the results of scientific research are not limited by the online-only format;
- article-by-article placement – the issue is formed incrementally; articles are posted on the Journal’s website as the review process allows;
- the cost of publication does not depend on the number of pages – the length of an article is limited only by the need to take a rational approach to the quantity of written material required for reporting on studies conducted by its authors;
- reduced publication times – the editorial cycle is shortened by eliminating the stages of typographic layout, printing and distributing copies to authors;
- unlimited opportunities for disseminating information with access to articles provided from anywhere in the world and – an article published in the online open access journal can be sent to colleagues in a matter of seconds, uploaded to the organisation’s website, posted on social networks, etc.
The «Political Science and Technology» is an open access journal (as defined by the Budapest Open Access Initiative). This means that all of its content is publicly available and is provided free of charge to users and their organisations. Users may read, download, distribute, copy, print, search or link the full texts of documents, as well as use for any other legitimate purpose without obtaining prior permission from the publisher or author.
The Journal publishes on an article-by-article basis. An article is considered to be published from the moment it is posted on the Journal’s website.
Articles are published as they become available in the issue for which they have been accepted. If work with the article is delayed for any reason, publication can be transferred to the next issue by the decision of the publisher.
When all articles of the issue are ready for publishing, the issue is transferred for placement at the RSCI.
Each article is available as a separate document on the Internet and has its own unique URL. In accordance with this logic, page numbering commences with the FIRST page of each article.
For citation purposes, Journal page numbers are substituted by a unique article URL.
The «Political Science and Technology» is indexed in the following scientometric databases and directories:
Materials published in the Journal are transferred for registration and archiving at the «Informregistr» Research and Technology Centre.
All content on the «Political Science and Technology» is shared under a Creative Commons Attribution (CC-BY) license.
This license allows others to redistribute, share, use, and build upon your published work, even commercially, as long as they attribute authorship.
The copyright for scientific articles published in the Journal belongs to their respective authors.
The editorial staff and the editorial board of the Journal are guided in their work by the norms developed by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) and the norms prescribed in the Declaration of the Association of Science Editors and Publishers (ASEP) “Ethical Principles of Scientific Publications”.
Articles published in the «Political Science and Technology» undergo a double-blind peer review process.
Prior to publication in the Journal, all articles are checked for inappropriate borrowings.
Preprint and postprint policy
Prior to acceptance and publication in «Political Science and Technology», authors may make their submissions available as preprints on personal or public websites.
Retraction of articles
In case of violation of the norms of publication ethics by the author, detection of inappropriate or unattributed borrowing, duplicate publications, as well as in various other cases, the editorial board may resort to recall (retraction) of the article.
Stages of the editorial process
A submitted article goes through several stages of the editorial process:
— preliminary check (approximately 10 working days)
A preliminary check is carried out by the Journal editor. At this stage, the article is checked for improper borrowing and compliance with the formal requirements of the Journal. Based on the results of the preliminary review, the article is either sent for review or comments are sent to the author.
— peer review (approximately 20 working days)
The article is reviewed by members of the Journal’s editorial board and external reviewers. Please note that the article is sent for review only after making corrections according to the comments of the editor (if any).
Upon completion of the review, the editorial staff communicates its result to the author.
Following review and acceptance for publication, the editor will send a link to facilitate payment for the article’s publication in accordance with the rates posted in the section on the Journal’s financial policy.
— the article is sent typesetting and publishing on the website of the Journal (approximately 20 working days). An article is considered as published from the moment it is posted on the Journal’s website.
The activity of the journal «Political Science and Technology» is financed by the founders.
Publication in the journal is free for authors.
Publication period – approximately 50 working days (10 working days for preliminary review, 20 working days for peer reviewing, 20 working days for translation of metadata, captions of figures and tables, preparation of reference list, typesetting and publishing on the website of the Journal). The period is calculated in working days from the day the article was recorded as received by the editor.